Wednesday 29 August 2012

The Voyagers

I have begun stitching some names for The Voyagers project run by artist Clare Smith.
I am stitching the names of girls I was at school with in Liverpool in the 1970's. Well the names I can remember anyway. I should think they all have different names now and are scattered all over the world. See my samples below.

If you would like to join in all you have to do is stitch names of people you remember from your past, it could be people who are no longer with us or people you have lost touch with, or who live far away.
I will be running workshops on September 15th and 22nd in Dover but you can just do it at home and send me the results.
All the names will be stitched together into a Boatcloth which will be hung in the museum in Dover.
Here's some ideas to get you started. They can be any size or style you like, handstitched or machine, preferably onto darker coloured fabrics.




No comments:

Post a Comment