Monday 3 March 2014

Dover Arts Development Salon

Yesterday afternoon the DAD salon entitled "Keep Going" took place.
This involved a musical performance by Peter Sheppard Skaerved and Malene Sheppard Skaerved alongside artworks by Clare Smith and myself. The whole event was based on the idea of threads and lines. Peter performed a piece by Philip Glass called "Strung Out" in which the music is taped to the wall and the performer moves along playing violin as he reads the music. He also performed his own compositions and Malene read her poetry along side Peters music. It was fantastic, and of course Clare and I hung our work in the space.
Clare's work hanging in the space with Peter and Malene performing.

Detail of work by Clare Smith

Detail of Clare's work looking through it.

Peter performing "Strung Out"as seen through the leg of one of my figures

Peter performing, visible through the handbag of one of my stitched figures.

Looking through a stitched figure into the space.


Sideways view of one of the figures showing the loose threads sticking out.

2 comments:

  1. I am amazed by the scale and interactivity of these stitched figures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, I found your blog via Google while searching for such kinda informative post and your post looks very interesting for me. web development with wordpress

    ReplyDelete